Sunday, August 23, 2026

I have always wondered whether churches of all religions save more people or kill more people worldwide?

 If you have grown up in ANY church or religion on earth you might have wondered about this like I do from my own experiences.

On one level if you join a church as an adult maybe it's better than being forced as a child to be in a church. This is what I'm thinking now.

Because a church is like getting married in some ways so it isn't fair to babies or children to force them to marry a church as newborns like was my experience.

However, the other side of this is structure (especially moral and ethical structure in a person's life).

I would say that churches help keep people from killing people of their religion.

However, their religion might get the men of that religion to kill EVERYONE they meet of another religion. Muslims for example, in the middle East and Africa are often like this for example.

Whereas White Christians kill in more racist ways and by what they say to people.

Then there is shunning in all churches which likely kills millions of people through suicide every year too.

So, are religions and churches good or bad?

From my point of view they are both good and bad at the same time.

I know of only one or two people that actually benefit from their churches at all when I see them in their lives.

Most other people I consider to be victims of their churches and religions that I have met.

It's a very rare and unusual person who can benefit entirely from being a member of any church or religion I find.

But, this is just me observing people my whole life now at age 78.

By God's Grace

(You can see that some of my religious and spiritual training rubbed off on me).

But then again I don't see God as a part of any religion at all but instead a direct experience with God and Jesus and Angels instead.

So, to me, religion is an interloper coming between me and God. This is how I personally experience most religions at this point.

By God's Grace 

 

No comments: