When I married my present wife (though she had lived with boyfriends before she had never been married raising children. So, I took her on a ride at Marriot's Great America in Santa Clara because I wanted her to experience a roller coaster type of ride because marriage with kids is a roller coaster ride always and I wanted her to get used to the hopefully controlled chaos of what happens as a parent. She was 39 and I was 46 and had already been married twice for a total of about 20 years by then since I was 26 and my son was born then in 1974.
At the time she said she normally didn't go on roller coaster types of rides so I took her on Top Gun which basically is a bicycle seat you are strapped into with a back where they turn you upside down with your legs dangling. and she said because she was with me she felt safe. This was a good sign for our marriage which was in 1995 in Yosemite national park then.
I think raising kids is going to be interesting no matter what else you do in life. They either make your life work or they kill you or both if you are a good parent. And then one day they go off to college and then you have an empty nest (which is the hardest thing for me in life except for my mother dying so far in 2008).
However, my wife and I have been married now since 1995 so 31 years this year and living together 32 so far this year too.
And it's true if you are married and raising kids (like I was from 1974 until 2014 when our youngest went off to college) which is a long time to be raising one or more kids under 18 years old but again this is my life so far, your kids become the most important thing in your life and then your Grandkids then too.
So, the point is life is pretty interesting once you start raising kids but they either make your life work or kill you or both.
But, I have never regretted for a moment being a parent now to 4 children (3 biological and 1 adopted) and I am forever grateful for our 4 grandchildren now too.
By God's Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment