I was playing piano and playing Christmas Carols like I had done since I was about 8 years old. So, if this was 1986 we had returned from India and Nepal and Thailand after being there from December of 1985 until April of 1986. So, this is the following Christmas. We had brought back from India Lama Geshe Lobsang Gyatso who was born in Kham Province of Tibet around 1932. I think he was within a year or two of the same age as the Dalai Lama. Both of them had been recognized by Lamas to be holy reincarnated Buddhas (or Living Buddhas) as children along with many other Tulkus. But, I'm not sure if Geshela was a Tulku only for sure the Dalai Lama. Geshe means "Spiritual Friend" in the Gelugpa Lineage which is the same Tibetan Buddhist Lineage as the Dalai Lama which is a more educated intellectual branch that also ran the Tibetan Government.
So, anyway, Geshela and Lobsang (his nephew I believe) who was Geshela's English Translator from Darjeeling, India. He was about 25 years old and I think Geshela was in his late 40s or early 50s then (he passed away in the early 2000s in California).
So, my son and Lobsang the 25 year old were in the living room and this is what happened. my 10 year old son was used to hearing my UFO Stories so he ran into the bedroom where I was playing Christmas Carols and everyone was singing them and announced proudly, "We just saw a flying saucer!"
So, we stopped to hear his story. Lobsang I thought was going to faint as I don't think he believed in Flying Saucers and nearly fainted. He was fairly materialistic for a Tibetan Buddhist anyway.
So, my son described what he saw. It was red and lighted and about 3 feet in diameter and spherical and it is the one that people talk about like it's like a Drone that takes videos of people for some reason.
Lobsang Agreed that was what they saw but I think Lobsang had to go into the other room and lay down or maybe faint because he wasn't doing well at all having his personal reality exploded like this.
However, my 10 year old son was proud to have his own UFO Experience always after this just like his Dad.
But, I'm not sure Lobsang ever fully recovered from this experience and didn't want to talk about it again after that. He eventually returned to India within a year after this experience while Geshela stayed in California until he passed away in the early 2000s.
So, this experience was Christmas Even likely of 1986 because I was playing Christmas Carols at my father in laws lovely home that was all glass on one side looking out at the ocean on that floor so the UFO was easy to see and for them to see whoever was in the living room too.
No comments:
Post a Comment