Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oracle Stunt Plane Lands on 101

Since I was a witness to this and I didn't see this in the newspaper I thought you might be interested in it. I was driving North on Highway 101 in West Central California when I saw many flashing lights so I slowed my vehicle down for safety. I was surprised to see the red Oracle Stunt bi-plane to the right of the highway alongside 4 to 6 California Highway Patrol vehicles. It had obviously done an emergency landing on the highway between vehicles. It must have been interesting for the nearby drivers. But it would have been possible to land because there weren't that many vehicles on the road there late Sunday afternoon and evening. I didn't stop to find out what had happened, so either the plane was taken away on a flatbed truck or it took off from the highway once again, one of the two. I just thought it was interesting that it happened at all. This would have been near dark heading north almost to King City, California on Highway 101 on Sunday May 3rd 2009.

No comments: