Thursday, May 28, 2009

Write about your experiences of your universe

I don't know about you but often when I have tried to read old spiritual books from 2000+ years ago both the Old and New Testament or Scriptures in Sanskrit or hindi or whatever, often I just feel confused by what I read. I think it is because what happened 2000 to 10,000 years ago isn't relevant enough to make a whole lot of sense to me. And then when I consider how people talk about even the 1960s that I actually lived through, most people who were born after that miss the whole point of it all completely. Because you had to be there to understand the complete angst of the moment to understand what was really happening then. So when you try to make sense of what people were trying to say 2000 years ago you are bound to miss about 98% of what was actually going on in people's real life experience then. Only if you were a time traveler and went back in time and learned the language, would you actually understand even 25% of what was happening back then.

So, because of this I think people should write their own experiences of the universe. They should write of God, if they believe in God. If they don't believe in God they should write about that. And they should get a blog going or website and they should publish what they believe on line. And one day some person or computer or something can synthesize everyone's experiences and maybe that will be what everyone tends to believe. I got this idea while reading many many native American descriptions of their creation stories. I noticed that each tribe's descriptions didn't make any more or any less sense than any religions creation stories on earth. So I had the novel idea that all creation stories are equally real in a cultural relativistic sense. There are some very ethnocentric nations on earth like, China, the United States, Russia, France, Japan and a few others that value their culture as superior to all others like Hitler did with Germany, and Stalin did with Russia. But the more ethnocentric a nation is the more likely it will make war upon its neighbors who have different notions of what reality is. So, I believe the more versions of the creation story the better. If all creation stories are equal then maybe war will end permanently on earth.

Though I was a writer and have written short stories since I was about 9 years old and my 4th grade teacher first read a story I wrote that she liked before the class. I have written journals and stories ever since. As I grew older I found that if I journaled and read what I had written, a few months or even a few years later that I would understand myself better during all the times of my life and be better able to comprehend who I really was. It was as if by combining all the selves I had been I was less lonely at all points of my life. Throughout ones lifetime one becomes about 100 or more different people. Most of these people one never intended to be but was forced by one's life experience or another to stand up and take care of business. Most of the time, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."

People I have met that forcefully live out all their plans in detail are usually alone at 40 and alone at 60 and sometimes even alone at 30. In order to share your life with someone you have to blend your life with someone. But I started by blending all my selves by reading all my ideas days, weeks, months and years after I wrote them. Sometimes what I write makes my cry. Sometimes it makes me laugh. But always it makes me think and be proud that I have always searched for the truth and kindness and wisdom in everything and everyone in my life including myself. And if you are a natural writer like me, then writing is like breathing. You have to do it to keep breathing and living because it is who you are. It has nothing to do with money. It is something you do like being a musician, or an artist or a writer or a sculptor or whatever it is that you do that makes your heart beat and keeps you alive and choosing each day to go on living even one more day.

No comments: