Friday, May 22, 2009

Wall Street Brain Drain?

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/253392/The-New-Wall-Street-"Brain-Drain"-Threat-Legit-as-Boutiques-Foreign-Firms-Rise

I was talking to my wife about this after listening to the web video about it. It reminds me of the story of the traveling salesman that knocks up the farmer's daughter and then leaves.

It is said in this yahoo finance piece that the highest paid were "risk takers" and I would say, "ultimate opportunists" financially. So, they are naturally going to go to the 'highest bidder' internationally after knocking up "Wall Street" and the American public's finances. Though the initial blame must go to whoever thought up subprime loans and credit default swaps there is enough blame to go around for everyone in world wide finance. I suppose it was all inevitable. If you educate financial risk takers with PHD's in economics eventually one of them is going to figure out a new way to
"game" the system. It's just inevitable. So about 70 years from now(or sooner) I wonder how the world economic system will get "screwed" then?

No comments: