Monday, May 11, 2009

Why I Write About the Future

I write about the future because I can see it. I have always been a Seer, a Precognitive psychic all my life. So very often I know what will happen in my life before it does. I believe God has given me this gift to make the future better for myself and all beings around me.

If I look at this quality genetically I see it as a genetic survival adaptation that some people originally had that allowed them not to die or be maimed(and also allowed their tribes not to die out for thousands and thousands of years). So, I see this as a very good thing as long as the person who has it dedicates it primarily to helping mankind with this gift by surviving on into the future and on out into space to colonize other worlds as those of us like this got us here to earth to begin with likely millions of years ago.

Most people think the future will be like the past. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
The primary difference in the future is that things begin to change faster and faster. That is the one difference to the past.

So if we see this century(the 21st century) as changing 10 times faster than the last and then the 22nd Century changing about ten times faster than this present one then one can only imagine the level of confusion for most people at about 100 times what it is now for most people.

So, at least in cities where it moves this fast mental health and physical health will be even more a problem than it is now here on earth.

So, those of you who don't want to have to change at a rate of 10 times faster than now in this century than the last might want to move to the country where it doesn't change quite as fast. But even then the weather changes might get you so be aware of those changes.

So, for me, writing about the future is a structural way of finding a way to cope with the future. If I write what I see coming and then you start to recognize it as it comes(like people did with Jules Verne) then I will feel I did my job to help prepare you for the future of mankind as we colonize other worlds and dimensions.

When I was really young(8 or 9) I began reading things like Dr. Dolittle and Freddy the Pig by Hugh Lofting. Though I can still find Dr. Dolittle on library shelves I can't find Freddy the Pig. I am sad to see this as Hugh Lofting started me reading when I was about 9 years old. Freddy the Pig took off and led animals on adventures all over earth and was wonderful. Then I read about a Schooner that traveled all over earth with two boys, especially to places like Mongolia with magic ropes that would stand up by themselves so that one could escape danger.

This naturally led me somehow to Robert Heinlein and "Starship Troopers" and to his book on two telepaths, one on earth and one in space that could communicate wherever they went so earth could stay in touch with the space ship. And finally, in the late 1960s came "Stranger in a Strange Land". Of all the books by Robert Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land touched me the deepest. I also read Arthur C. Clarke and Robert Silverburg and many others of course, over the years. Here's an online list of all or most of Robert Heinlein's books. Another amazing thing to me is that I now live (the last 10 years or so) very near where he lived the last few years of his life.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/robert-heinlein/

The combination of space travel to other planets and physical and psychic development seemed to me to be the natural future of the human race always.

Another thing happened in my life to move me forward in ways I did not expect to as a child. I was excommunicated from my childhood church that my parents raised me in because I was too 1960s for them. In real terms what this meant for me was that I could no longer call all my religious friends around the world friends anymore because they were forbidden to talk to me or visit me. This began to turn me against organized religions of all kinds. Because what this taught me was, "Religions don't lend a hand when one is needed as advertised. They kick people down when they need help the most."

I understood then that "shunning" in the old days was considered execution because most people don't and didn't survive it.

So, that led to my own "Moses" kind of experience and taught me that I could never trust organized religions again. As long as you believe exactly like people in your church (whatever it is) you will be fine. But if you are a free thinker and are going to follow the truth wherever it is then just expect excommunication and shunning whatever your church, whatever your religion. It's a given.

The value I now see in organized religions is that when people decide to agree on what reality is(whether that is actually real and true or not) then those people likely will be less likely to kill each other. The downside is this has nothing whatever to do with what is actually the truth about anything in reality. So, basically this is exactly how I view all organized religion today.

So, I approach the search for truth as a very brave endeavor that many of us start out on but very few of us survive and actually get to the real truth to the point where we can actually write about it or talk about it. The problem is not being brave enough to ask the really hard questions. The hard part is coping with the truth when you find it, especially if it murders your own personal sacred cows in your belief system. Many people cannot survive this and directly or indirectly commit suicide when this happens.

So, being brave enough and of strong enough constitution enough to actually cope with the truth one finds is necessary to move forward as a truth seeker. For, the path is lined with the bodies of those brave enough to ask the questions but not able to cope with the truth when they find it.

And this is the real path to enlightenment. And this is what the actual survival of the human race is based upon now and into the future

No comments: