Tuesday, July 28, 2009

girlfriends 2

I'm going to relate real experiences without using names. When I was 16 I got my California Driver's license the day I turned 16. I got a 100% on the written test and got a good passing grade on the driving test. The next month I invited a girl from church who was 21 and very beautiful to a political rally. However, as we started to drive there we both decided we would rather go to a movie anyway. So we went to a drive-in theater. She was very surprised at her feelings for me because I was only 16. I had never French kissed a girl before that night and hadn't figured out yet what all the fuss was about. This French kissing stuff really changed things and so my new girlfriend of the next year or so(we stayed friends for life) went to drive in movies, to church and parked our car late at night on Mulhulland drive and watched the lights of Los Angeles twinkle and listened to music on the car radio which was what young people did back then.

When I was 17 she and I broke up and I started going out with a girl only one year older than I from church. Though this new girlfriend and I dated for about 2 years this time was chopped up with my going in my senior year away to a church private school and another girlfriend who was aged 16 while I was 17 . This complicated matters with my other girlfriend who was waiting for me in Los Angeles and so I felt guilty at basically dating two girls at once during this time and confused by the whole thing. My Los Angeles girlfriend I actually had dreams of marrying but I was just too young, uncommitted and knew that I wouldn't likely be ready to marry for at least 5 or more years. So I was very sad when she married someone else when I was 21 but knew it was for the best, for her at least.

No comments: