Tuesday, November 14, 2017

LBJ (2016)

Today my wife and I went to see LBJ which is a movie about Lyndon Baines Johnson who was president after John F. Kennedy was assassinated. He got the Civil Rights act and Medicare and other things voted in. In this he was very successful. However, in regard to Viet Nam you could say he was a disaster. So, this movie emphasizes his successes rather than his failures. If you want to better understand who LBJ was as a man and as a president this movie will help you.

 

LBJ (2016) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt4778988/
Rating: 6/10 - ‎584 votes
Biography · The story of U.S. President Lyndon Baines Johnson from his young days in West Texas to the White House.
 

Lyndon B. Johnson - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson
Lyndon Baines Johnson often referred to as LBJ, was an American politician who served as the 36th President of the United States from 1963 to 1969, assuming ...
 
After coming home after watching this movie it put me in a different mind frame. 
 
I thought of a movie I saw with Robert Downey Jr. And Mel Gibson made in 1990 called "Air America" so when I got home I found it on Amazon Prime and watched it. It took me back to a very different time when I was in my late teens and early 20s until 1974 when I was 26 when the war ended in Viet Nam.

Air America (film) - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_America_(film)
Air America is a 1990 American action comedy film directed by Roger Spottiswoode, starring Mel Gibson and Robert Downey Jr. as Air America pilots flying ...
Plot · ‎Production · ‎Soundtrack · ‎Reception

Air America (1990) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt0099005/
Rating: 5.7/10 - ‎23,425 votes
Action · A young pilot finds himself recruited unwittingly into a covert and corrupt C.I.A. airlift organization operating in Vietnam War-era Laos.

No comments: