My wife was in the other room and noticed water was shaking in a glass or bottle there and realized we were having an earthquake near Santa Barbara. Sure enough, I checked and there was a 3.8 Earthquake in Isla Vista near UCSB and the Santa Barbara Airport. I checked and yesterday there was a 2.6 Earhquake in Desert Hot Springs near Palm Springs as well.
But, for those of you not living in California you usually don't worry much about earthquakes until they are at least a 5 or a 6 even though sometimes a 4 or even a 3 might leave cracks in your walls at times if you are nearby it at full intensity.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Elon Musk - Wikipedia
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- reprint of Fred's Magnetosphere Theory
- What is a GUI? (It is a very quick way to get from one web page to another) (without having to type in many words and numbers)
- How Crowdsourcing Is Shaping the Future of Everything - Entrepreneur
- Jakarta Is Sinking So Fast, It Could End Up Underwater
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.