Wednesday, July 29, 2020

IF you need a pacemaker get one before it's too late!

I just realized I really worried my wife when I didn't have a pacemaker put in last December before the Coronavirus started. On  one level I had to wait because of Medicare protocols which said I had to take Entresto for 3 months to see how I was first. But, just now, I looked at myself in the mirror and I thought to myself: "I look 20 years younger now with this pacemaker." Before I had a grey pallor to my face like someone who is going to die in a couple of years or sooner.

I had my pacemaker put in in early June of 2020 and I had to stay in the hospital about 24 hours before they released me. I had thought it was an outpatient operation but it is different than that. Also, they usually put it on your left side between your clavicle bone and your chest in a little pocket they dig there above your chest with wires going down into your heart. So, you cannot use your left arm usually for about 6 weeks to put it above your head or to lift anything more than about 4 to 8 pounds. So, if you are in Construction that isn't happening for about 6 weeks after you have a pacemaker put in just so you know that. It's so you don't dislodge the wires running down into the chambers of your heart that control your heartbeat.

I remember asking my angels last fall when I couldn't breathe or sleep for a few months whether I was going to die before I decided to take Entresto at a low dose at first. I had a hard time Taking Entresto because of bad side effects of several drugs I had taken in the last 10 years or so like Lisinopril and Spironolactone. Spironolactone really kicked my ass at the end.

A physician's assistant told me one day: "You do know this drug will eventually go sideways!" I didn't know what to think or say because no one else warned me of this and then it happened and the result (because I couldn't get a timely appointment with my cardiologist because he kept getting called to the hospital in emergency heart operations. So, the result was I stopped taking spironolactone when I thought it was going to paralyze me and as a result I almost died for a month or two and my family MD told me when I went into see him. "Boy! It's a good thing you came and saw me I would have had to put you in the hospital in a few days!"

So, it took me two months to recover this loss and I finally got an appointment with my cardiologist and he finally took me seriously because he almost lost me.

But, the point here I'm trying to make is if you need a pacemaker you should do it because it can be like (it is for me) like going back around 20 years in bringing back my youthfulness.

The biggest change is just there is color in my face now and I don't look grey like warmed over death now like I did for around a years time.

So, depending upon how old you are it is going to add 20 to 50 or more years to your life. (The 50 years is if you are in your 20s). I have heard of young men getting a pacemaker and beginning to climb mountains all over the world because they feel so great!

In my own case it likely will add around 20 to 30 years to my life (And I thought I was going to die at 50 with my heart virus that forced me to retire at 50.

But, here I am at 72 and still going strong even though I was asking my angels last fall if I was going to die. They told me that what I was going through was only temporary.

I've learned to listen to them because they always see through time to know what is actually going to happen in my future.

I didn't know about coronavirus but I did know I wasn't going to die anytime soon.

So, the point is if you need a pacemaker get one installed before you die because after you die there isn't much hope for you after that. (At least on this side of life).

By God's Grace

By the way Entresto once you get used to it and don't pass out from it (once your body adjusts to whatever dose you are on) is a complete miracle drug that can and will save your life. However, it is 600 dollars a month if you don't have medicare. If you have medicare it is much much less around 30 to 100 dollars a month then. But, just remember it's a miracle drug that will keep you out of the hospital until you get a pacemaker put in if you need one.

By God's Grace

No comments: