Sunday, October 16, 2011

Padmasambhava

Following Quote from Wikipedia on Padmasambhava.
You're invited to Wikipedia Loves Libraries, a program of events at libraries and archives across North America around October 2011.
[Hide]

Padmasambhava

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Statue of Padmasambhava 123 ft. (37.5 m) high in mist overlooking Rewalsar Lake, Himachal Pradesh, India.

Padmasambhava statue in Hemis Monastery, Ladakh, India.
Padmasambhava, (Sanskrit Padmakara पद्मसम्भव; Tib. པདྨ་འབྱུང་གནས་, Pemajungné; Wyl pad+ma 'byung gnas); Mongolian ловон Бадмажунай, lovon Badmajunai, Chinese: 蓮華生 (pinyin: Liánhuāshēng), Means The Lotus Born, was a sage guru from Oddiyāna who is said to have transmitted Vajrayana Buddhism to Bhutan and Tibet and neighbouring countries in the 8th century. In those lands he is better known as Guru Rinpoche ("Precious Guru") or Lopon Rinpoche,[1] or, simply, Padum in Tibet,[2] where followers of the Nyingma school regard him as the second Buddha. He said: "My father is the intrinsic awareness, Samantabhadra (Sanskrit; Tib. ཀུན་ཏུ་བཟང་པོ). My mother is the ultimate sphere of reality, Samantabhadri (Sanskrit; Tib. ཀུན་ཏུ་བཟང་མོ). I belong to the caste of non-duality of the sphere of awareness. My name is the Glorious Lotus Born. I am from the unborn sphere of all phenomena. I consume concepts of duality as my diet. I act in the way of the Buddhas of the three times."[citation needed]
His Pureland Paradise is Zangdok Palri (the Copper-coloured Mountain).[3][4]
He is further considered an emanation of Buddha Amitabha[5] and traditionally even venerated as "a second Buddha".[6] He was born into a Brahmin family of Northwest India.[7]

Contents

 [hide

end quote.

I have often wondered whether I am one of the many incarnations of Padmasambhava. The reason I think this way is that my first spiritual teacher spiritual name was "Lotus" and it is said that Padmasambhava was born from a Lotus or "Lotus born". Her name was Edna Ballard and I was born into the "I am" religion in Seattle, Washington and blessed by her when I was 2 months old in Mt. Shasta, California at the foot of this Sacred mountain reminding others of Mt. Kailash and the Tetons of Wyoming. The second reason that I wonder is that I was born in Old Oregon Territory. Tibetan Lamas have searched the world for the land of Origin or Orygen where Padmasambhava was said to be born and in the Old Oregon Territory it included both Washington and Oregon. So that it could be said that I was born in the land of Orygen, Origin or Oregon. The third reason is that though I was taught be Saint Germain and Jesus and Archangel Michael from birth or before (likely before as well), when I actually went to Rewalsar or Tsopema in Himachal Pradesh, India in January 1986 I asked Saint Germain to tell me if he and Padmasambhava were the same soul. His answer was "YES" by when he had me put my own size 14 Vasques Cascade boot into the melting into the rock footprint of Padmasambhava there. Since there was a little stone hut built to protect these genuine supernaturally melted in footprints from people who would simply chip them out and take them home whole or in pieces otherwise, when I came out of the stone hut protecting the darshan blessed melted in rock footprints Saint Germain made sure I knew he had also been Padmasambhava. He later confided in me that likely Padmasambhava was also Merlin. I realized this when Padmasambhava was described as having pink skin like a Northern European even though he was purported to be from Afghanistan. So, all these events make me think that I might be an incarnation of Padmasambhava as well as Saint Germain because in the end they are the same Great Arhat and Soul. Anyway, it is something to think about and Saint Germain wanted me to write this for you here for some reason. So, as I walked out of the stone hut guarding Padmasambhava's footprints the whole sky had turned violet and violet lightning began to crash to the ground all around from the clouds for more than one hour. I knew Saint Germain was answering me that he and Padmasambhava were one being. But I realize now he was also telling me that I am an incarnation of both as well which is a relatively new realization for me now just over 25 years later this year.

I was looking at the above text and quotes from Padmasambhava and wanted to give my present understanding which might be helpful to serious students of these kinds of things. First here is what Padmasambhava said about himself: He said: "My father is the intrinsic awareness, Samantabhadra (Sanskrit; Tib. ཀུན་ཏུ་བཟང་པོ). My mother is the ultimate sphere of reality, Samantabhadri (Sanskrit; Tib. ཀུན་ཏུ་བཟང་མོ). I belong to the caste of non-duality of the sphere of awareness. My name is the Glorious Lotus Born. I am from the unborn sphere of all phenomena. I consume concepts of duality as my diet. I act in the way of the Buddhas of the three times."[citation needed]
His Pureland Paradise is Zangdok Palri (the Copper-coloured Mountain).[3][4]
He is further considered an emanation of Buddha Amitabha[5] and traditionally even venerated as "a second Buddha".[6]
  

When Padmasambhava says, "My father is intrinsic awareness, Samantabadra" he is referring toSamantabhadra (Sanskrit; Devanagari: समन्तभद्र; lit. Universal Worthy), is a bodhisattva in Mahayana Buddhism associated with Buddhist practice and meditation. When he says that my mother is the sphere of awareness this is associated with  the all enfolding and nurturing state of consciousness where one literally experiences oneself as all consciousness in the universe. This is my primary state of consciousness too. Once one loses one's fear of oneness with everything one can experience universal God and Goddess all the time. One can experience the whole universe including all time, space, compassion and wisdom all the time and might I say this state of consciousness is truly amazing and wonderful!

When he says, "I belong to the caste of non-duality of the sphere of awareness", he is saying that being a real adult means seeing the really big picture of the whole universe. Imagine unlimited religions and cultures throughout all time and space. What do they all have in common? If you experience this then you will understand compassion and non-duality.

When he says, "My name is the Glorious Lotus Born" you already understand this from above.

When he says "I am from the unborn sphere of all phenomena" he is saying he comes from the formless realms where great Arhats rest and meditate for eternities before coming back to help beings in physical realms become fully enlightened in any time and space they wish to for optimum results past, present or future in any dimension or galaxy.

When he says, "I consume concepts of duality as my diet" he is saying that duality only brings pain in the end for all beings who believe in duality. As I see it there are two paths, one is the path of power and one is the path of compassion. Most people see the path of compassion as being weak. However, in the end the path of power is the weakness of souls and causes their undoing. So, in the path of compassion towards first oneself and then all other beings like a father or a mother to all life in the universe is the supreme path of compassion and power. However, most beings have to physically die many times in awful ways before they fully understand this truth and learn that compassion is the only useful path in the end.

When he says, "I act in the ways of the Buddhas of the Three Times", he is saying that he is a time traveler and can change anything anytime it is necessary anywhere anywhen out of compassion for all beings in the past, present or future of any place or dimension in the entire universe including heaven realms.

I have a very good feeling about what is written here. If I hadn't been jet lagged from flying across the ocean and across Greenland and Canada on a polar flight and up at 3 am because it is 11 am or 12 am in what my body got used to in England I don't think I could have written something this wonderful. Blessings.

No comments: