Friday, June 22, 2012

Creative Writing overcomes Writer's Block

Some people complain of writer's block (which just means they can't get into a creative mode for writing at that time or place). However, as long as I'm writing something that I find interesting I don't usually get writer's block. I think the more technical and the more you don't really want to be writing something the more likely you will get writer's block. But that's just me. One of the biggest things in writing is to be in a quiet or beautiful situation without a lot of distractions like people or children. However, I always was of the firm belief that people come first and have lived my life that way always. So, as long as I put the needs of the people around me first everything always has worked out for me in my life. I just consider that to be the "Good Karma" factor.

However, one of the ways to overcome writer's block is to write something very creative to get your writer's creative juices flowing. You can take, for example, a creative writing class at a junior college at night in your free time or whenever. I have taken quite a few of these over the years and always found it very satisfying to meet other writers and to compare ideas and notes and to talk with well trained Creative writing instructors at a college level. Or, you could write in a completely different vein than your are used to to stimulate yourself forward. It wouldn't have to be something you plan to publish but just something for fun. But I think the hardest time to write is when you are writing for money because then you have to think about what your reader wants to hear about. Writing a blog where you are writing mostly for fun like a hobby might be some of the easiest writing to do because you are not usually on a schedule and trying to meet deadlines like you are when writing for money.

No comments: