Monday, June 25, 2012

Who Needs God?

If I ask myself, "Who Needs God?" the answer that comes to mind for me would be, "Everyone who is afraid of death and dying needs God." This is just a given. However, then people who are terrified of dying many times are dangerous to the rest of us whether or not they are spiritual or religious. So, I would say the Fear of God oftentimes keeps people honest and kind. But the terror of God sometimes makes people do awful things when they go out of their minds in their terror of God and Confusion.

However, then there are people like me who are not afraid of death. But, to make sense of why I and many others are not afraid of death, I can only really answer this for myself. I'm not afraid of death because what is death? To me, death is when a soul separates from a physical body for the last time. Since I have experienced being separate from my physical body many times and I know first hand that my soul exists whether I have a physical body or not, I'm not afraid of death. And neither would you be if you have or had experienced this.

I can tell you  I don't like pain just like most people. But pain is not death. Death is the end of physical pain. But it is not necessarily the end of psychological pain. So, because I don't want to experience psychological pain after death I try to be kind to all beings while I am alive. I try to help as many as I can so I have a good experience after I am gone whenever that is. (which could be tomorrow, a hundred years from now or a thousand or more) (which is the same for you by the way and so you should get used to this.)

No comments: