Friday, June 29, 2012

2nd day on detox weight loss diet

Since I haven't eaten anything really solid for 2 days now other than a soy protein shake, milk and fruit yesterday morning I sort of expected to be more spaced out from this diet than I am. But instead I woke up very clear headed and aware of all the toxins eliminating from my body in droves now through urination, defecation and sweat. I even had dreams about a gray substance being cleared out of my body during this vegetable and fruit juice fast of however many days I can stand to do this.

My goal (because I am almost 6 foot 5 inches tall) and because I am Scottish big boned which means my bones are so big and strong that I have never broken anything in my very active life but my nose and my little toe and minor fractures in my feet. And once I fractured my wrist from a motorcycle accident but it didn't even need a cast and hurt for about a year or two after that. But mostly, I have been too big boned to break anything even during falls of up to 40 feet off of ladders and rock climbing. But I did always know how to roll to absorb shocks like a gymnast as well.

So, there are really at least 2 major benefits from the "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" diet which is a variation of the Fuhrman Diet by Dr. Fuhrman.

The first is fairly quick weight loss even though for women over 40 the weight loss isn't as quick for them as men in general. But it still works quicker and healthier than any other diet I know about.

But it is important likely to remember to either do this diet once in a while to keep the weight off or to make this diet one of your meals during the day after you take the weight off or both.

Either way detoxifying can help your health in a variety of ways. Here is a quote from the "Reboot your life" guide that came with my book "Research shows that a diet rich in fruits and vegetables can decrease the risk for things like cancers, cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes and mental illness. Fruits and vegetables have also been credited with alleviating the day-to-day effects of painful chronic conditions such as constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, headaches and migraines, chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. Nice work fruits and veggies." end quote.

online I was able to buy "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" the book, the DVD, the plastic guide all in one package. Then I bought a Breville 1000 watt juicer that can juice a whole lot at once that is mostly stainless steel for easier cleaning. One trick I have learned already is to put a plastic bag where most of the fruit and veggie grindings wind up for easy cleaning. But the hardest thing to clean is the stainless steel sieve built into the grinder wheel but a brush is provided for that. My best technique so far is to run water backwards through the sieve while trying to brush the fruit and veggie particles out the other side. This so far works the best so far. As I go along I'll try to share any other useful things I have learned.

But, what I would like to share the most is I realized waking up this morning that this is probably the single best thing I have done for my body doing this diet other than exercising regularly during the last 20 years of my life. I also realized this could seriously add 30 years to my life (theoretically) if I continue to do this diet for at least one meal a day ongoing after I finish at the weight I want to be.

It also is wonderful for me because my father passed away in 1985 and he loved diets like this and swore by them. So, doing this diet is also a way to honor all my father's wisdom and knowledge.












No comments: