When I skied last Thursday at Mt. Shasta Ski Park there was about 60 inches at the top of Douglas Diamond Run I did with my friend a couple of times and about 40 inches down at the starting lifts near the parking lots. Though Marmot which is an intermediate slope is likely good down to about 3 feet of snow, one has to be careful under about 4 feet of snow on most of the diamond runs (expert level) because of the steepness of the slopes. So, hopefully a storm that is supposed to hit tonight and tomorrow will add in some more snow there. Also, they have several snow machines for whenever the nights stay cold enough to generate snow from fine water sprayed into the air.
Last Thursday, the conditions were excellent and it was one of the best ski days in years there for me. Though the underneath snow was icy there was a top lose crust of snow of several inches to cut through with your edges which made it effortless to ski in where you ankles and knees didn't get too tired like they can sometimes when there is corn snow which can be more difficult to maneuver in and much more effort. The one thing I didn't want to do however, was to fall down because it likely would have been a pretty hard landing with the ice just inches below the surface loose snow. But, since I never fell once even on the diamond slopes I was really happy that day skiing.
I found it this time much easier to rent downhill skis, boots and poles right there at the park. All I had to do was to remember to call them and reserve the size boots I wear which is 15. Though I can also ski in a size 14 it is much less comfortable than a 15. But by reserving the 15 I had a wonderful time and didn't get rashes on my shins from skiing in too tight a boot.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- From Google Images these are all variations of Tibetan Momos
No comments:
Post a Comment