Monday, June 23, 2014

Become a Householder Yogi

As I was becoming a man in my late teens and early 20s I often thought the world was so crazy that I might have to go into a cave and meditate so I could fly(without a plane) and be fully enlightened again like I remembered in other lifetimes.

However, I realized eventually that this wasn't the purpose of this lifetime. In this lifetime my highest yoga would be to be a father to children as a Householder Yogi.

Now you might ask "Why would I want to become a Householder Yogi?"

The answer is simpler than you might expect.

Learning to take care of others: your children teach you as a soul how to take care of all beings in the universe as well. So, if you are male you become literally: A Father to all Beings over time.

And if you are a female: you become a Mother to all Beings over time.

This is much better than being so self centered that you self destruct from western neuroses over time either by killing yourself directly by knife, gun, driving over a cliff, drugs, relationships etc.

When your discipline is keeping another being alive, happy, healthy ongoing it changes everything about you. For example, once I had a son and was married I couldn't date other women. Though at the time it seemed like a sacrifice I now at age 66 see women (for men) as the single most potentially dangerous thing that men have to deal with in their lives.

But, back from about 15 to 25 women were like a drug to me (actually drugs were never a problem for me) but women were because I was handsome and tall. So, dealing with this was emotionally overwhelming always for me.

So, by having a son I had to say to myself, "Hey. You have a son now and you have to be faithful to your wife." So, even though we broke up in about 4 years of living together I became a single father and then about 3 years later married another divorced lady with two kids.

So, my devotion to my son and all my other step children and biological children along the way has been the main discipline that has kept me alive. I could not take my life either directly or indirectly because they needed me. And as time went on more and more people needed me because I had become very wise along the way.

And this wisdom spreads out to all beings in the universe and I learn more every day that I can integrate into my being as well as learn more that I find useful to share with all of you and everyone else in my life ongoing.

Become a Householder Yogi.

It is one of the keys to a happy life and to longevity if it agrees with your basic nature as a being in this lifetime.

No comments: