Friday, November 28, 2014

The Precarious world we live in

There is the saying, "Something's got to give!"

This is kind of the world we are living in now when you view the whole world at once. Sometimes it seems like the world is ripping itself apart internationally.

Though there are cozy places all over the world where people can just sort of pull in an forget the rest of the world, I'm not sure how long this is going to last now.

Ferguson, Syria, Ukraine, Oil prices and their causes, China's property price drop like the U.S. went through a few years ago now, Russia's Ruble dropping because of the price of oil in Free Fall, Saudi Arabia dropping the price of oil so that ISIL doesn't take over their government. Various other moves worldwide on the economic stage, poor people starving more around the world because they can't get jobs.

The world hasn't seemed this precarious maybe since the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 one year before John F. Kennedy was assassinated and I think that is saying a lot about the world right now.

There are also signs that remind me of the stresses present in the late 1930s just before World War II. It is not just any one thing but many major things colliding now including Ebola which is now raging in Sierra Leone now but getting better in Liberia.

Being aware of all the problems and communicating with others about them tends to solve problems worldwide.

When I was young in my teens and 20s I used to run more away from my problems but then often they would just bite me in the butt. So, by my 30s I learned I had to face my problems head on while they were still little before they got out of control.

I think the world is in this same position right now on multiple levels.

So now, the only thing to think about is "How are we going to prioritize which problems first?"

We really don't have the option of hiding our heads in the sand anymore like ostriches.

No comments: