Monday, November 24, 2014

Haiku

In 1994 I was going through a very difficult divorce after being married 15 years with two step kids and two of my own. I was trying successfully to survive this time. One of the ways I succeeded was in writing Haiku. By taking my life and reducing it to it's simplest and most elemental of forms I found I could move forward without as much confusion and chaos that divorce always brings to people's lives.

These are from my archive site: http://dragonofcompassion.com/poems

Though I don't consider any of these to be perfect Haiku, still these simple poems helped save
and rebuild my life at the time.

" Three Rock poems"

Rocks
speak to me
tell me of strange things
They say time is-does not pass

Love comes quickly
seeps into painful cracks
In soul caresses

ROCK PEOPLE
"We are your bones
The water your blood
Your breath the sky.

 
 

"Miscellaneous ideas"

Honey Bear talks to me
The tea warms my soul
All is well

When we are quiet
Your presence
Heals my soul

Innocense and wisdom live together

The seeds of being found are in being lost

There is more to life than survival
If you cannot be man enough to trust yourself
You cannot really live at all!

  Copyright 1999

"Where did you go?"

Fred! Where are you?
Where did you go?
I haven't seen you except in rare glimpses for years now.
I miss your mesmerizing enthusiasm--your zest for life.
I miss you, Fred. I, your body miss you soo.
You have given yourself, your soul to everyone but me.
I need you to be with me again before I die or I will die!
Please come back to me please love me.
I never failed you. You failed yourself. I your body have done nothing wrong. Come back! Come Back! before it's too late! You are the only one I can't live without! Come Back!!!


All these poems helped recreate me into the man I am now. Whenever one divorces a family dies. Some parts of that family survive in a new form. At the time I didn't want to be one of those men walking down the street talking to myself without a family. So, I became extremely self disciplined. Because of this I was remarried within a year and had another daughter within 2 years. These changes happened when I was 46 years old and at the time I thought this was too old to change myself and to create a new life. I was very surprised I was wrong.


Because by age 50 I had almost died for 8 months and had had to give up all anger and attachments to life and knew I couldn't die because I had a 2 1/2 year old daughter and a new wife so I refused to die when I had my heart virus. My will was strong so I didn't die like most people with heart viruses did then. 


But I also learned how to live each moment as if it were my last. I still do. By God's Grace!





No comments: