Friday, July 15, 2016

Compilation of subroutines could create a Skynet

In the past programmers would write everything from scratch including all subroutines. This mostly isn't done anymore. So, coding might just be assembling pieces of different programs that have proven to work before and adding just a few things to tie them all together.

For example, I do no coding at all at this site. I just use the "Automatic coding" which is called only "Compose" at this site at blogger.com

I can choose either to "compose" or I can choose "HTML" as modes. I always choose Compose because for what I'm doing here it takes 1/10 to 1/100th as long to do whatever I want in compose mode compared to "HTML" mode.

So, for the hard core programmers out there you might see this as taking the easy way out. However, for me, it is about sharing as much "Quality" stuff as I can with my world wide audience and not trying to prove to everyone that I can still program by coding HTML. I already did this from 1999 to 2007 with my Geocities site.

So, I already proved all this to those of you who visited my Geocities site from 1999 to 2007 when I first started this site in fall 2007.

If you want to read some of the stuff I coded it is now at:  dragonofcompassion.com and here are the buttons:

However, I think some of this is just copies of stuff from intuitivefred888.

However, the Skynet problem again could come from automatic coding combined with multiple subroutines that have been proven before that people just 'String together' because they know these subroutines work individually.

However, as people do this more and more you might wind up with "Frankenstein" programs that no one has gone through to see really what is happening there. It's sort of like building a new robot from pieces of other robots, theoretically, where you don't really know what you have until it does it.

Also, this is not to say that what I'm doing here doesn't also create sometimes, Frankenstein software articles too.

So, I'm not perfect either in that I don't really know the long term consequences even of the software I inadvertently create here when I quote and piece together things from around the world.

So,  this is the problem of compiling from various sources software in various forms whatever they might be.

And this is sure to get even worse with time because in the end all people are lazy in that why should they spend 24 hours doing something when they might do it and get it done in 10 seconds using already existing subroutines and automatic coders?

No comments: