Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Sanskrit: Om Mani Padme Hum
- Took a fall in Kahului the day I left
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk has warned for years that increasingly intelligent machines will dominate humans and turn us into their pets
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Uncle Tommy Travels Time from dragonofcompassion.com
- Ways to survive Climate changes
Monday, January 28, 2019
Fortran is a more mathematical and formula based language
This would be my explanation of why Physicists would use Fortran. I remember when I first studied Fortran it reminded me a lot of learning Algebra several years before then. I think I was about in 7th or 8th Grade when I had Algebra and learning Fortran for me was a little like learning Algebra. And because Fortran is formula based it might make formulas (like E=MC2) easier to put into than other computer languages in a useful way. This is my thought.