Monday, March 29, 2021

What do most people need to choose to stay alive in a body on earth?

 They need to have some hope for something better than they are presently experiencing usually.

However, at different times in life one chooses to stay alive for different reasons.

I had many difficult things to face in my life as a child and as a young adult that likely would have killed most people. But, luckily, I came from tougher stock than this because my forebears came to this country around 1725 so you can imagine what my ancestors went through to get me born around 1950 just after world war II. Most people who came to America between 1725 and 1900 died pretty young. It was only a minority of people who figured it out, got married, raised a family got educated and became pragmatic enough to keep themselves and their children alive to educate them so the generations would continue. You can imagine the number of deaths as people tried to move west through Native American Tribes who didn't want them there etc.

By the time my grandfather left Kansas for the west coast with his wife and eventually 5 children his father had already been a Captain for the northern Army in the Civil War. He came home from that war and started a pharmacy with herbs he bought from the local Indian Tribes and started likely one of the first drug stores in his area which stayed open until he sold it in 1925 and then he lived I think until around the early 1940s which likely was into his 90s because he was born in the 1840s in order to be young enough to be a captain for the Kansas Northern Army in the Civil war. So, my forebears had to be extremely practical and pragmatic in many ways to get me born around 1950 in many different ways so I could be raised by my father who was this line of ancestors of mine that came originally from Switzerland to England to take a ship up to Philadelphia  which is  the Delaware River likely around 1725 or so from England then. 6 brothers from Switzerland came together so I have many people in my line likely all over the U.S. by now. But, I only know from my Grandfather down to my closest relatives now. Everyone is gone now but my 2 cousins in this line and their children and brothers and sisters that are still alive and grandchildren of them all.

So, what do most people need to choose to stay alive here on earth: Hope!

For example, from 21 to 25 I was struggling to choose to stay alive and only at first did so for my parents and girlfriends and friends and relatives. 

But, doing this for me when I wanted to be dead was very hard at the time. When you see that everything you wanted to do in your life is impossible you either give all that up or you are going to die.

Very simple. However, giving up what you sees as their future can be very hard.

As it was for me.

But, I embraced living in the moment and learning to be kind to myself and all beings and continued to move towards enlightenment and by ages 32 and 33 I was very happy indeed.

However, by 37 my father died and I struggled dealing with his death for around 13 years including getting divorced and remarried so difficult a change was this for me to endure. However, then I married a 3rd time and had another daughter and my life (after almost dying for 9 months) became more wonderful than I ever could have believed growing up. And except for coronavirus I'm grateful every day for my present life. However, it is also possible that coronavirus and Global Warming will prevent the human race to go extinct through overpopulation too. So, mother nature might just know what she is doing in the long run too.

Grace is there for you if you embrace it.

We need to be grateful for each moment because each moment might be our last.

By God's Grace

No comments: