Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Writing

 If you like to write one of the ways to develop this skill in a creative way is to take a "Creative Writing" Class (usually at a city college "2 year") where they offer something like this. I think I took 2 creative writing classes, one in the late 1980s and one in the early 2000s after I retired. Often this is a nice idea because you get to meet other people interested in creative writing too, especially if your teacher is any good at all during your creative writing class. One of the things we did in our last creative writing class I took was for each of us to  write a page or more and we combined something each of us wanted to include and we printed all of them out sort of like a magazine and we each took one or more copies home from this.

So, in this sense each person in the class could sort of say that they had published something through the college that we all did together which was a good idea too.

However, if you have a blog you are publishing online and I presently have copies online of much I have written since 1980 now either here or at dragonofcompassion.com which is where I put most of my longer writings.

But, even I was scared to publish what I wrote for a variety of reasons because it was all very personal what I tended to write. I particularly like the style of writing in the book "Eat, Pray, Love" because it tends to be more honest and deep than the way most things you see are written. There is this attempt at complete honesty with herself that the author attempts in this book that I find fascinating to read.

Most writers it seems like they are water skiing over the top of things and you never really get to know them. But, in "Eat, Pray, Love" you get down to the raw honesty of living in the real world instead of a fantasy one that most writing tends to be about instead.

Because if you can't even be honest with yourself what you are experiencing then you are going to spend your whole life in PTSD states that aren't worthy of your attention in the first place.

We are all traumatized in various ways by what we experience growing up and sometimes even more traumatized by what we experience in our 20s depending upon what are decisions of what to do with our lives are too.

But, if your choices make you so traumatized that you cannot easily survive your 30s then for the most part your life might be over before it really is beginning that much.

Luckily, I didn't have to be in the Viet Nam War so I could work through my traumas enough to get married and have a family and start businesses and move to Mt. Shasta first in 1976 to start really healing the traumas of my life. So, by my 30s I had been to college and figured things out enough to actually be happy in my life.

By God's Grace

No comments: