Thursday, April 28, 2022

Have enough compassion for yourself and your family and friends to stay alive during these times worldwide

 I found the hardest time to stay alive in a body here on earth was between about age 18 and 25. Looking back now I see it's mostly about the unrealistic expectations one has about these times in one's life.

So, the whole strategy (at least for me) during my 20s was having enough compassion for myself and my relatives and my friends to stay alive for myself and others. This way I made it to 30 and after that it was much easier.

For me, my girlfriend got pregnant when I was 25 and so we got married and we had my first child, a son. And this made me grow up in a way I hadn't grown up before because of this responsibility. I couldn't even consider taking my own life or accidentally finding a way to die by taking physical risks like before.

So, getting my girlfriend pregnant likely saved my young life because I had to grow up and become much more responsible. Luckily, I had had very good parents who set a good example for me so I was capable of this.

But, thinking of others is one way you stay alive yourself. I first started with a thing called Operation Share in college of donating time tutoring children who needed it. I also took a course in suicide prevention because I knew if I was talking other people during college out of suicide it would also help me stay alive too.

I always had lots of girlfriends because I was always tall and handsome then but that wasn't enough for me to want to stay alive. But, my first child did the trick and I haven't looked back ever since.

I suppose each person is different but looking down at my new born son gave me a different view of life than the more selfish one I had had since about 10 or 15 years old until 25. This made me a grown up finally at 25 or 26. So, this was good.

So, have enough compassion for yourselves and others to stay alive for them and for you ongoing.

By God's Grace

No comments: