Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Found out last night we would get up to 45 mile per hour winds locally out of the south

It was already raining here pretty good by 10 or 11 pm but at 11pm when the local news and weather said that up to 45 mph winds and lightning and thunder and heavy rain were coming I realized I better go out and take all the outdoor chairs off the deck so they cannot break windows or sliding doors in my deck and back yard. So, I lifted them over the deck railings onto the ground below where they could blow around without causing any damage.

Soon after I went in from doing this at around 11pm last night the lightning began and continued for around 6 hours time here in the greater SF Bay area. My wife went to sleep immediately but I continued to stay awake watching the light of the lightning and listening to the sounds of the crashing of thunder for some time. Our dog a blue merle corgi would bark or howl sometimes as the thunder crashed because I'm not sure she has ever heard thunder or lightning before being only 3 years old. We used to get thunder a lot years ago but not so much recently so I'm not surprised she was scared by the new sounds.

I found myself actually comforted by the lightning thunder and rain which took us back to a more normal weather pattern for this area. Because we haven't had any rain to speak of much for about 6 months now here in northern California.

No comments: