Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Power has been out about 14 hours now. Last Thursday to Last Saturday night it was out here too here in northern California

So, it's a royal pain in the a-- to deal with but survivable at least for us (not so for some others). I woke up to a fallen tree next door about the same time we realized the power was out. Once I got the generator started for my wife and the other two women staying with us for this outage, I got into my 4 wheel drive Truck and started to try to find out what routes were still open. None of them were going inland from where we live 1 mile from the beach. So, anyone having a real emergency (like having a baby or heart attack or stroke would have to just fend for themselves alone.

HOWEVER, this time the cells service and texting service and wifi and Cable didn't go down this time which makes all this much more bearable even though there is no heat but a fireplace or getting into your car to get warm (which is possible) I guess. I went to walk the dog on the beach and I was the only one there outside of a bunch of surfers really enjoying themselves in the large surf from the storm. Rain was coming down pretty good along the beach from the storm so I wore a rubber rain jacket so I could stay dry from the top of my head to my waist. I also wore Crocs which can withstand water because they are made of some kind of Rubber I believe.

I'm watching the news and they say more rain is coming for at least the next two weeks. But, at least it won't be another Atmospheric River coming (at least within the next 2 weeks time).

No comments: