Spock Says this on "Strange New worlds" in Episode 9 which I found really interesting because it is also true.
Because I was raised in the 1950s there were no jet passenger planes until about 1957 in the U.S. However, in England they started all this in: 1952.
But, until I was about 9 years old Flights weren't happening on jets at all in the U.S. (Passenger flights).
Key Details
- Aircraft: de Havilland Comet (DH.106 Comet 1)
- Airline: BOAC (British Overseas Airways Corporation)
- Route: London, England to Johannesburg, South Africa
Would you like to know more about how the Comet changed commercial aviation or its tragic structural issues later in its history?
The world's first commercial jet airliner, the Comet 1 prototype first flew in 1949. at its debut in 1952. First flight 27 July 1949
People also ask
Sir Geoffrey de Havilland conceived the idea of the DH106 'Comet' in 1943 and design work began in September 1946. The prototype first flew on 27 July 1949.
No comments:
Post a Comment