For example, a Direct Flight from Los Angeles to New York didn't happen for the first time by Passenger Jet on a Boeing 707 until January 25, 1959. And I didn't fly on a jet ANYWHERE until I was 18 years old and flew to Chicago with my girlfriend and her brother. On the way back her brother and I rented a Chevrolet that was white but he didn't know how to drive in the snow and it was snowing. So, when we got off the freeway to get to our location he went through a guard rail. However, when we stopped to see if it damaged the rental car there was no damage so we just kept driving to our destination which was a church of the denomination we both went to where we knew the people who ran it so we visited them there in Denver. I he was 21 at the time and my girlfriend was 19 and I was 18 and I had gone to Sunday School with them both starting when I was 6 years old in my church in Los Angeles on Hope street.
So, my first jet flight was in December of 1966 and i had graduated from the "I AM" School as a senior the previous may in Santa Fe, New Mexico even though I was from Los Angeles County and lived in Glendale from 1956 until 1969 when I moved to San Diego.
the point of all this is: Things that are advanced technically are like magic and basically indistinguishable from magic and the Same is true of Computers and AI too.
begin quote from AI Overview
Jet passenger service in the U.S. began on December 10, 1958, when National Airlines launched the first domestic jet flight.
Key Milestones in Early U.S. Jet Service
- December 10, 1958: National Airlines operated the first scheduled domestic jet service between New York and Miami, using a Boeing 707 leased from Pan Am.
- October 26, 1958: Pan Am inaugurated the first scheduled transatlantic jet passenger service using a Boeing 707 from New York to Paris/London.
Would you like to know more about the aircraft models (like the Boeing 707 or Douglas DC-8) or how jet travel changed flight times across the country?
Show all
January 29, 1959 marked a major milestone in air travel when American Airlines launched the first jet passenger service across the United ...
No comments:
Post a Comment