Saturday, September 19, 2026

Writing to save the World From AI? Just remember it can both save the Human race or destroy it! Both are true!

For example, I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that AI Can Solve Global Warming!

However, then what? Can we survive the AI we create?

AI is a resource that reminds me a lot like the Airplane and rockets and drones and Space travel. It can be really really good and really really bad and everything in between.

Or the Internet. Remember what happened when we started the Internet worldwide. I do. Many people were damaged or murdered or sexually molested espcially vulnerable boys and girls from about 5 years old through 18 years old.

So, imagine how much worse AI could be in harming civilization?

Or in saving people medically?

Or in growing food better that is more healthy?

Or in killing a country at a time through drones and missiles?

Or driving cars like Waymo?

I had what was for me a very strange experience of a WAYMO Taxi with no driver dropping someone off at the San Jose Airport when I wanted to drive away. It was (along with 3 or 4 cars) blocking our way from leaving the curb and getting into traffic.

I had already flown from Portland to San Jose Thursday and I had had some difficulty (even in 1st Class) where I usually sit so someone doesn't break both of my knees by coming back to fast in Coach because I'm 6 foot 5 inches tall. Well, this time there wasn't room for my carry on wheeled suitcase because of the configuration of the plane we were flying in this time back to San Jose.

So, the lady at the counter when I gave her my boarding pass had said: "I think your carry on is too big for this flight." and I said, "It worked fine flying north so I think I will try again." So I did.

However, unfortunately in this particular Plane there was absolutely no room at all in 1st class for any carry-on luggage at all that was wheeled. So, I walked down into coach and tried to put my carry on above coach. However, it wouldn't fit there either. 

NOW, there are 5 or 6 people behind me and I cannot go back to seat 1A which is the furthest left seat on this particular plane and it's a solo seat next to the window as far forward as you can get without being up with the pilot or something. Then the lady who took my boarding pass says: "I told you there wouldn't be room for your carry on." Yes. She was right. But how was I supposed to know we would be flying in a plane with a ocmpletely different configuration than the one I flew up on?

So, the steward says to me: "We are going to have to check your luggage" (after he stopped everyone coming into the plane because I had to go back about 5 to 10 seats along with another older passenger like myself whose carry on wouldn't fit this particular plane. So, they had us move into seat that weren't occupied so that the 5 or 6 passengers and their luggage could get into coach from the front.

Then they stopped anyone else from boarding so this older gentleman and myself could move forward to have our baggage checked which we did.

Then the steward says to me: "Do you have any Lithium Ion batteries? They cannot go into the hold on the plane because of fire hazards. They have to all being in the passenger compartment."

I said, "I have 4 lithium ion batteries" and then later I said: "Does this also include the batteries inside Laptop computers?" And he said "Yes!"

So, this meant I had no real place to put any of these things while we would be flying safe because of the way this was going. So, I put these things on the floor next to me and covered then with my rain shell jacket in case it rained which it did in Portland hoping that they would presently leave me alone because I had no place useful to store any of these things that made any sense to me at all. And even though the steward likely knew I was doing this he didn't say anything because he realized there was no safe place to put any of these things so they wouldn't be damaged either. And then there is the liability issue of maybe 3000 dollars or more worth of two laptop computers plus 4 lithium Ion batteries for recharging phones or computers on the go with no external AC plugs to recharge yet.

So, this is how my flight started in Portland, Oregon.

A lot of people would have been bent pretty out of shape by this but the previous day I had had to call an ambulance for my son and to go to the hospital with him in a car separate from the ambulance that I had rented. So, I was used to dealing with extreme situations the last few days anyway.  

So, for me, I was able to stay even because I had already been dealing with various crises the last two weeks already.

So, everyone survived and so did I.

By God's Grace 

No comments: