Idea Stream from Reddit on an AI extinction Event?
Begin quotes:
What EXACTLY do they mean when they say that AI could cause an extinction event?
Seriously! I understand that current frontier models currently surpass the intelligence of any single human. However, as something of an AI power user, I have a hard time imagining how a super powerful model could ‘end the world’ by breaking out of containment. Maybe I just lack creativity, but I really feel like it’s a sensationalist ploy to get attention. Does anyone have insight into this?
Comments Section
extinction event for some people's money
🤣
That would be dope if it hacked all corrupt rich people 😆
Start a war between two of the larger countries. Flood all information sources with misinformation. Blackmail people in different positions in society to do large scale damage such as water contamination, terror attacks or to target specific groups. Hit the stock and capital market with specific shock waves to hamper next years food supply, fertiliser and medical supplies. Hack and infiltrate large companies to make them dysfunctional or even malicious. Hack and take over personal devices and drivable systems during inconvenient times. Support and enrich resources for religious groups, fanatics and extremism to cause instability.