Monday, September 28, 2026

Interestingly enough: "My Senior High School Speech at a church school was "The Power of the Silence"

At that time I had been pretty quiet most of my life. I didn't talk a lot yet. Girlfriends and my mother and grandmother and father were some of the first people who drew me out and got me to talk more. So, I valued "NOT SAYING ANYTHING" most of the time and realized growing up just how powerful this silence could be in many different ways.

I also admired Cave Yogis who dedicated their lives to enlightenment like Milarepa and other great Tibetan Lamas and Yogis as well and still do.

So, the "POWER OF THE SILENCE" is a real thing that one can use to survive better and to stay alive and to prosper in this world (BY NOT TALKING SO MUCH THAT YOU UNDO ALL THE GOOD YOU MIGHT OTHERWISE DO).

There is a time for words and there is a time for silence and it's important to know when to speak and when to shut up. 

Your survival depends upon this ability of knowing when to speak and when to be quiet.

ESPECIALLY IF YOU GREW UP IN THE 1950S LIKE I DID!

by God's Grace 

I experienced for real: "Children should be seen and not heard" during the 1950s growing up

and found that most of the time saying nothing (no matter what I actually felt or thought) was more useful and I could survive better as a child. 

This was especially true with people being sent to the hospital for saying the wrong thing in Grade school and Junior High School growing up.

This happened a lot in the 1950s too.

It was still a pretty scary time to grow up even here in the U.S. (especially after all the PTSD from World war II that made everyone pretty crazy from 900,000 Americans dying from 1941 until 1945. 

No comments: