Gildersleave and Fibber McGee and Molly were two of the radio programs my Grandmother and I listened to up until we got our first 17 inch black and white TV in 1954 when I was 6 years old in Tujunga, California which was up against the mountains The Angeles Crest National Forest. I lived in Tujunga from 1954 to 1958 when we moved to Glendale to be closer to the church my parents ran in downtown Los Angeles from 1954 to 1960.
So, from 3rd Grade through my junior Year in High School I was living in Glendale and attended Grad School and Woodrow Wilson Junior High School, And my first two years of High School in Glendale too (sophomore and Junior year).
Then I still lived in Glendale until 1969 when I was 21 years old until my parents moved to San Diego and I stayed in Los Angeles County and first lived with my Aunt who was an Actress because she lived in the Hollywood Hills and had a swimming pool. But, eventually I moved to Venice, California when I got a job as an Electrician there for about 3 months in 1969. Then I returned to College this time at Palomar College and San Diego State University around 1970 or 1971.
And of course there was no internet or Cell phones and no home computers at all until the late 1970s and early 1980s (even for home computers to exist in people's homes) And this was before the Internet by quite a few years too.
Color Televisions weren't worth owning until around 1960 or so for shows like Bonanza and the Virginian.
Then Star Trek was likely the most colorful show of them all in Space which really changed how people saw things a lot in 1966 from this show.
No comments:
Post a Comment