I woke up and it was cloudy and foggy but decided to take a drive. I am taking care of my wife after her knee revision about a month ago mostly by myself now except for someone to come clean our house once or twice a week. We also have someone who sometimes buys groceries for us too but is very busy so this isn't a given either.
So, today I realized that my wife is recovered enough to leave her for an hour or two so I took a drive out into the sun and up into a forest reserve nearby too. It was great to see the area more because we live in a tourist destination so it is very beautiful here almost any kind of weather.
For example, I have seen 30 foot waves being ridden by Surfers who were pulled up by jet skis because it's all rocks on the beaches there so they wouldn't survive if they went onto shore but are marginally okay while using jet skis for getting up on the waves and getting off the waves before they break on the shore.
So, when the surf is up here there are a lot of surfers all over the place but mostly they surf (without jet skis to pull them aloft) and most of the places it is mostly sandy with a few rocks they have to be aware of under the ocean so they don't die on those undersea rocks just under the surface of the ocean.
I used to surf on Souther California beaches from 1962 until 1969 when I was 21 where large rocks under the ocean which might do you in are usually less of a problem because mostly it's more sandy there than when you go further north. Not really sure why that is true but it is.
Also, it is much hotter along the coast from about Santa Barbara to San Diego too which is interesting too.
From about Big Sur with it's Redwoods, the Redwoods go mostly all the way along the coast up to the Oregon Border too. So, that is an interesting thing too.
In fact, UCSC where I studied Anthropology is built right into a Redwood Forest which is an amazing experience too. UCSC when I attended had the mascot of a Banana Slug with Glasses on because this is not an athletic scholarship kind of school or wasn't while I attended.
Most people who go to UCSC get not only Bachelor's degrees but also advanced degrees too like master's degrees and Doctorates also.
So, it's a very cerebral School like all the UCs are like UC Davis and UC Sant Diego and UCLA at Los Angeles and UC Berkeley in Berkeley California in the San Francisco Area across the bay from San Francisco
No comments:
Post a Comment