Monday, September 28, 2026

Religions and ministers and priests are not good at answering Questions. Why?

Because it is in some ways very subjective in the end. Either you believe or you don't about a whole lot of things. So, if you start asking Technical Questions you are better off looking at Philosophy, Psychology, Cultural Anthropology if you actually want more technical answers of What actually happened when.

It's sort of like Believing in Disney movies like many people do.

I myself was very comforted Growing up watching things like Snow White and Sleeping Beauty and "Old Yeller" and Davey Crockett and Daniel Boone kinds of things as well as "The Wonderful World of Color" on TV and various other named Disney programs starting in the 1950s as I was growing up.

However, there are drawbacks to watching Disney movies too as a child like I did.

For example, I beliieved there is ONLY ONE person for each person to fall in love with. 

However, this really isn't true.

There might be 10 or 100 or 1000 women you might meet that would be great lovers and friends and companions for a lifetime. So, it took me through my 20s mostly to figure out that the main problem I was having at age 21 was that I was actually in love with 3 women at the same time and I found this incredibly disturbing to discover this as I grew up and grew further into my 20s to 30 and finally realized what had happened to me.

So, for me, the biggest danger of believing in Disney movies was the idea that there is only ONE PERSON for each person which is never really true.

But, I can see how trying to make people believe this might be comforting in a way but really harmful to people in another way.

Especially for people who marry the first person that they date say at 10 or 12 or 14 and stay with them for life.

But, for most people it doesn't happen this way just like there isn't just one career for people either.

However, finding out that there wasn't just one person for me the rest of my life (at least in my 20s) also allowed me to realized that there also may not be any one career for me throughout my life either.

And I definitely was not a corporate person but more suited to owning my own businesses because my Father and Uncle and Grandfather and Cousin each owned their own businesses too.

So, i definitely realized there wasn't just one woman or career for me to stay with for a lifetime and this was a good thing to realize this too.

However, I finally met someone at age 46 that I realized I could be happy the rest of my life with and we have been together now 32 years together since 1994. 

No comments: