Monday, September 28, 2026

Since we couldn't use the house we rented in Tahoe because of snow:

We used the rental time the following summer. This is also in regard to the following link:

Reprint of Jonathan Flow (at Lake Tahoe)

So, my older daughter, her boyfriend and my younger daughter and a friend or two and my wife and I all went to Lake Tahoe in the summer time to use the time we couldn't the previous winter. So, one of the many things we did there was to rent jet skis and to fly across the lake on them. However, the one my wife and I rented wasn't as good as the other one. We were able to get all the kids on the other one and at one point when my older daughter's boyfriend took off too fast I watched my younger daughter flying through the air sideways at about 30 miles an hour but luckily she survived this at the time. We were behind them when this happened on our rental Jet ski.

However, even though I was much younger then I still wasn't in my 30s or 40s anymore at that point (in 2026 I'm 78 years old). 

So, when a speedboat cut across our path (because they were lousy boatmen) I had a problem because of the jet ski I was driving had trouble steering and likely we shouldn't have allowed them to rent us this one. So, the wake of the crazy speed boat caused the jet ski we were on to capsize.

However, here's the thing. If this jet ski went completely upside down it wouldn't restart because it would have sucked water into the carburetor and it wouldn't start so we would have been stuck out in the middle of Lake Tahoe and this would have been bad because it had already started raining at this point.

So, when we were going to capsize I jumped off and my wife was hanging onto me went with me once I released the steering handlebars. So, we went pretty deep in the water and I was worried about my wife but then we resurfaced and a jet ski if we aren't on board putters slowly in a circle so you don't die out there alone so I grabbed the back of it and tried to get on board. That didn't work so my daughter's boyfriend jumped onto our jet ski and offered me a hand to get on board it and then we both helped my wife back up out of the water too.

Meanwhile the Lightning was striking the water all over the lake so we hightailed it back to the jet ski rental place so we could get out of the water before one or all of us was struck by lightning.

I haven't rented another jet ski since this that I can remember. However, we might have rented jet skis in Santa Barbara with my son and my youngest daughter and her friend at one point (either before or after this experience) 

 

No comments: