Friday, June 29, 2012

The advantages of a raw vegan Juice fast

Many people try to lose weight in relatively unhealthy ways. But, at least for me, Organic vegetables and fruits juiced the moment before you drink them keeps all the vitality in them that they often lose once they are pasteurized or bottled. So, by juicing yourself moments before you drink them you get the full dose of micro-nutrients that will allow your body to naturally lose weight while exercising very quickly. Whereas if you were to fast on water for a month in trying to lose weight your body might not let the pounds go because it goes into emergency starvation mode. With a vegan juice fast using all organic produce your body doesn't go into a starvation mode but it does have to transfer itself into a different mode than it is used to to do this. So, you have to allow your body and yourself a few days to get used to this.

For example, if you are working or going to school I would recommend starting this diet on a Friday after school or work. That way you have until Monday morning to get used to it. Also, you might want to watch yourself to see if you can drive and do normal things while on this type of juice fast because everyone is different in their metabolism. Another thing I noticed after 2 days of this juice fast is that as I walked the trails with my son today I noticed that so much fat is burning away so quickly that my balance is off a little from my body burning it up so quickly now. So, you will notice your balance might be affected some as you walk, run or do normal things in your life because of just how fast you will be losing weight on this diet especially if you are a man. It reminds me a lot of how I felt at ages 12 to 15 when I grew from 5 foot 2 to 6 foot 3. Even though I became 6 feet 4 and 3/4 by 21 or 22 it was 13 to 15 when I sprained my ankle mostly playing basketball about 20 times. I learned to fold up whenever I came down from a jump shot or a layup soon so I stopped spraining my right ankle. To this day I crumple if I feel my ankle spraining so I won't sprain it again. So, as the fat comes off fast from all parts of your body you will have to regain a new sense of balance about your body. And walking is one of the ways to help you do that and to burn even more fat and to reduce your weight.

Here are the last two blogs I wrote about this diet:

No comments: