Friends are coming up from San Diego to meet us in Santa Barbara and other friends on tour will meet us here next week. I looked at the weather and it will be about 81 degrees Fahrenheit here in Santa Barbara by Monday. Temperatures the highs swing wildly this week from about 60 to the 80s here. But, there will be sun while the storm nails Far northern California and the northern California coast.
Driving down from the Bay area was beautiful today. It was amazing even though it was also cloudy. I found a station playing choir music and it brought tears to my eyes because it took me back to singing in a choir in a church from ages 12 to 21 way back when which would be 1960 to 1969 at this point. It made me think about joining a community college choir somewhere thinking about it.
I stopped playing music and singing a lot when my father died in 1985 and I found this only increased when my mother passed on in 2008. Though I took 8 years of piano and also learned organ, synthesizer, Keyboards and pipe organ in the 1960s I decided not to be a professional musician like many of my friends then in the 1960s. I didn't like playing in smoke filled rooms then with drunk and stoned people. So, I continued to jam with my friends over the years but never tried to go professional as a musician because of this even though I had the right background for it. My mother was a coloratura soprano by the way. And they both were mystical Christian ministers especially between 1954 and 1960 when they were in charge of their own church until my mother's father passed away and she needed to do something else instead after that. She said she did about 300 funerals during that time (or wakes) depending upon the relatives remaining between 1954 and 1960 as many elder members of the church passed away during that time. Because of this death doesn't bother me like it does some people so I see death just as another part of life rather than something to be afraid of.
By God's Grace
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment