Monday, April 29, 2019

Made it to Shasta from Portland

Woke up to a really beautiful day in Portland and except for a little wind this beautiful spring day lasted all the way to Mt. Shasta as well. Amazingly beautiful Spring drive with flowers and greenery. Had breakfast with family at a restaurant before my wife and I drove south on Interstate 5 towards Mt. Shasta. Couldn't really sleep last night because of us leaving. Also, I watched Barry (HBO) then went to bed and this last episode was particularly funny and crazy. Then tried to sleep for another hour and that didn't work and then got up and woke to Game of Thrones (battle episode where the "Night King" attacks Winterfell Castle. I found this episode to be about 100 times more disturbing than the Barry episode by the way.

So, if you haven't seen this episode you likely need to prepare for a lot of changes to the story line.

Also, it is filmed very dark. I was watching this in the bathroom of my hotel room so I wouldn't wake up my wife and I finally had to turn off the bathroom light in order to make out anything at all. When you are traveling if you get HBO you can still get HBO Go on your computer through the Hotel wifi or the wifi of wherever you are while you are traveling. So, even though I live in California I can get HBO Go through WIFI in all 50 states and still watch programs like Game of Thrones or Barry or other from HBO through HBO Go.

Felt the positive energy from Mt. Shasta near the airport while coming south and noticed that the Angel Wing was standing out as I drove by it on the mountain made out of snow this time of year too. So, especially if you are driving south look for it on Interstate 5. IF you look back heading north you can see it around where Weed, California and the airport is too just past the city of Weed.

No comments: