Monday, April 29, 2019

Wonderful to be back in mt. Shasta

Mt. Shasta has always been my spiritual home on earth as long as I can remember. My parents first brought me here when I was 2 months old to be blessed by one of the people in our church then. My first memory likely was driving north to visit Seattle one winter after we had moved to San Diego because my mother was homesick for Seattle. I remember the town then not being too much different than now but much smaller and much older looking then with shutters boarding up most of the place for winter and snow on the ground throughout the city then in 1952 likely when I was 4 or 5 years old then. Then that summer when I was 5 years old my father drove up with a lady in her 1949 Dodge with me to do electrical work for 6 weeks time on the Amphitheater for play the life of Christ in Mt. Shasta. That was an amazing experience where I was set loose at Shasta springs (near Dunsmuir) with boys 5 to 12 years of age hiking over those 2000 acres of Church property that Teddy Roosevelt had visited when he was president by train way back when.

So, the experience of Being in Mt. Shasta for me has always meant meeting people from all over the U.S. and world until I was 21 at Shasta Springs or the Amphitheater or after age 21 meeting people at places like Horse camp and later homes I rented with my wife and children and later still buying 2 1/2 acres and building an A-Frame on those acres for my wife and family.

So, Mt. Shasta has always been my "spiritual home" here on earth. And this just seems to increase over time even though I have now traveled all over the world in the meantime.

No comments: