Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Were you also traumatized by last Sunday's Game of Thrones Episode?

I hadn't planned to watch it because I was saving it to watch with my wife. First I watched Barry late Sunday night on HBO Go while my wife slept in the other room because I couldn't sleep. This episode of Barry is one of the most crazy, traumatic and also funny (written and directed by Bill Hader). Hader had found this girl who was a blonde stunt girl who was the daughter of someone he met and decided to use her in this episode. This last episode of Barry was written by Hader to show how wrong things can go on a hit which is incredibly dark and also funny in a very twisted sort of way that only Hader can pull off  like this which is a part of his natural genius in this direction.

Then I tried to sleep after seeing this and no luck. So, I got back up and went into the other room and plugged my earphones into my laptop and watched Game of Thrones which was the Battle for Winterfell which is a traumatically awful dark thing. I had to turn out the lights in the room so I could even see it it was so dark the way they filmed this thing. So, by the end of this I was completely traumatized because there was no comedy here in Game of thrones to take the edge off, just a lot of mayhem and death and characters you either loved or hated or both usually dying in horrible ways until very few you knew were left alive by the end of this.

I'm trying not to ruin it for those of you who haven't seen it but be prepared to have most of your fantasies of a happy ending wiped out by this Mess you will see unfold. So, if you are already incredibly depressed in your lives, watching this thing might cause you to kill yourselves for real so be careful with all of this.

So, like I said I laughed my ass off at Barry while being sort of twisted up by it but then was totally traumatized watching Game of Thrones. So, if you haven't seen this already be sure you are ready for it after 8 years or more of watching the characters develop like they were your relatives or maybe better friends or enemies. Either way Good Luck with this one!

No comments: