Tuesday, April 30, 2019

I have watched some women become more like Men since the 1950s

My father loved my mother but he often made her cry. I watched this same dynamic with my wife and her father. Though both my wife and her father had masters degrees in Business this was still true.

And yet, my wife is in some ways more self sufficient than I am as a man because she lived alone until she was 40 years of age whereas I didn't want to do that and was married twice before I was 40 years of age. She had boyfriends but never married until we married and had a daughter.

Plus my wife grew up being a heavy weather sailor on a Concordia which was the nicest wooden 40 foot sailboat of the era we grew up in. So, this made her a very very practical woman because she kept the ship in order growing up with her father and mother and never fell off the boat unless she was thrown off to demonstrate water rescue techniques by her father out in the ocean when she was 4 years old.

So, I'm very proud of my wife's abilities. I'm also proud of my masculine abilities too and I find that between the two of us (because our assets are very complimentary) we can solve (by God's Grace) any problem or problems that come up in our lives.

But still, her father often made her cry when he started drinking about 6 pm most days. My father didn't drink but he also made my mother cry sometimes.

Men cry too but they try to hide their tears so they can be perceived as strong and masculine.

Who have always been stronger, men or women?

I think women have always been emotionally stronger than men.

But, in the moment men are more willing to die to protect their women and children so they can live on.

It's always been this way.

Note: However, it might be important to know that my wife is 63 and I'm now 71 to make more sense of what I'm saying here. My father was born in 1916 and passed away in 1985. My mother was born in 1919 and passed away in 2008. My wife's father was born in 1919 was a 2nd Lieutenant in the Navy during world war II and passed away in 2008 also. Yes. my wife and I lost our last parent the same year. That wasn't fun. But we were adult enough to survive that and still take care of our kids.

My Great Grandfather on my father's side was a Captain for the Northern armies out of Kansas during the Civil War from 1860 to 1865. He was born in the 1840s.

No comments: