Saturday, July 13, 2019

A 21 year-old Winston Churchill in 1895

begin quote from:

https://historydaily.org/bizarre-photos-and-the-remarkable-stories-behind-them/29

A 21 year-old Winston Churchill in 1895.

Source: Reddit
At the spry age of 21 Winston Churchill was already a trained military man who was ensconced with the Army. However, he didn’t agree with all of England’s dictates at the time. Before he joined up with the 4th Hussars for a tour of India he wrote to his mother disparagingly about his trip to South Asia:
I look upon going to India as useless and unprofitable exile. I feel that I am guilty of an indolent folly that I shall regret all my life. It is useless to preach the gospel of patience to me. Others as young are making the running now and what chance have I of ever catching up.

No comments: