Mostly runs along the coast where it is greener and cooler year around than inland. So, if you start wtih San Diego and head north about as far as Marin County just north of San Francisco this is the worst of the housing crisis in California.
The most expensive apartment to rent that I know of (on average) is San Francisco which is about $3600 per 1 bedroom apartment on average. However, if you go to Portland, Oregon which is also a beautiful place like San Francisco you can rent a two bedroom apartment for around 900 dollars to 1000 dollars a month still in many areas. Also, gasoline is about 1 dollar less expensive in Oregon than California too per gallon.
So, the worst housing affordability is likely San Francisco but also Los Angeles, San Diego and Santa Barbara but the very worst housing affordability is caused by Silicon Valley near San Jose and the Tech millionaires and billionaires from around the world quadrupling house prices from San Jose north to Marin county now.
For example where I live on the ocean in the greater SF Bay area it has been between 63 to 70 degree highs lately. So, as inland it goes into the hundreds it just draws the fog off the ocean and makes it cooler where I live. So, people where I live generally don't even own air conditioners because it seldom gets even to 80 degrees and maybe one day a year to 90 degrees and that's it. So, the best weather is Spring and fall and so summer is almost as cold as winter where I live. And this draws a lot of people who have enough money to buy in this area.
Like Mark Twain once said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco!"
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- February 3 coronavirus news
- Coronavirus cases spike as China sacks senior officials
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- The Radical Possibilities of Not Paying Your Student Loans
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- An Increase of 15,000 cases of Coronavirus in China in one day!