Monday, December 3, 2012

Solar Maximums, degrading Magnetosphere, Atmospheric Rivers?

This question woke me up out of my sleep in the middle of the night, and as I thought about it I knew I needed to write it down, so here it is: Is there a correlation historically speaking between Solar Maximums (the type where Carrington type events happen), degraded magnetosphere with holes (during geomagnetic excursions or polar shifts), and an increase in Atmospheric Rivers and other unusual weather events?

I was reading one of the studies of megafloods in California which said they had been historically proven to hit California about every 200 years. So, for example, there was a megaflood in 1862 and one around the 1600s, one around the 1400s, one sometime in the 1000 Ad arena. But I was wondering what was happening at the same time regarding geomagnetic excursions and solar maximums as well as degraded magnetospheres from Geomagnetic excursions and how all these factors interrelate with other factors as well.

If correlations exist then it might be easier to actually predict within 5 to 10 years when the next Megaflood or Megafloods happen at various places here on earth caused by increasing atmospheric rivers.

No comments: