Monday, December 2, 2013

Brave?

People have always called me brave but I think it is different than that. I think it is mostly about not being afraid to die. When you have faced death so many times from Whooping cough, (age 2) then Childhood epilepsy (ages 10 to 15) you sort of have to get beyond being afraid to die. In fact, to even survive these ailments you almost have to embrace death to still be alive. So, it sort of changes a person's personality. Many men I know run from women but I always embraced women sort of like I embraced death to survive my illnesses. So, women often called me brave. But, I would call myself kind instead. My suffering has made me a very kind person who some people call brave. But, then again everyone has to believe what they do because that is how life made them.

But, when my son was born when I was 26 this braveness with women became not useful anymore and I had to learn new ways to protect my children and family. Life changes us all and we learn how to function in new ways so our children will do well in life.

No comments: