I talked to my friend today. Many years in the past by now he and I would have skied across castle lake at 6000 feet elevation. If the sky was clear we would see Mt. Shasta across the valley from the middle of the lake while skiing across it. Yesterday my friend went to Castle Lake to ski across it but almost 1/2 of it was melted out still because not enough snow had fallen even at 6000 feet. So, the temperatures haven't stayed low enough consistently to freeze the lake deep enough to walk or ski across it this year. Besides, there likely isn't enough snow for good skiing anyway and the ski lift on Mt. Shasta is closed too. Very strange year!
My friend said, "You should come up in February, Fred. There's sure to be snow then!" Well, I hope so because I'm starting to really miss skiing this year. Life goes on.
The farmers are who I really am worried about now without water to grow their crops in California and all the people across the U.S. who will likely have to pay a whole lot more for everything grown to eat if we don't get a whole lot of rain soon. Because California is one of the few states that has 4 growing seasons on a regular basis almost every year.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- From Google Images these are all variations of Tibetan Momos
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
No comments:
Post a Comment