Any country: (Presently in the U.S.) with 10% or less of the people controlling 90% or more of the wealth isn't sustainable without a complete police state that doesn't recognize the rights of some or all of it's citizens.
This is one reason why we are seeing citizens demonstrating against being killed by police.
It is true that police also have to protect themselves or else they would all be dead or wounded.
However, the purpose of police is to protect the rights of the citizenry.
If any police force in the world doesn't fulfill it's primary purpose of protecting the rights of the citizenry then it starts to become and enemy of the people.
So, a balance must be struck somehow between the rights of the people being protected to live, to work, to survive, to be protected and the rights of the police to live, to survive, to work in a safe enough environment also.
Both the police and the citizenry need to work together to reach this balance.
However, with 10% of the people controlling 90% or more of the wealth of this or any nation this might not be possible.
If you look to the history of all nations when wealth is this controlled or more by so few people bad things start to happen to everyone in those nations until the wealth is more evenly distributed once again.
It's all about balance.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- the actual location of the Crystal Palace is the Dalai Lama Village in Italy near Aoste
- What is Dragon of Compassion All About?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- When Angels are a normal everyday experience:
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- most read articles of the last 168 hours or 7 days as of November 10th 2019 Sunday