I bought a Black diamond Headlamp within the last few months so I could go into Ice Caves (volcanic) ones around Mt. Shasta. It was great fun and much better than holding a light in your hands, (especially if you are falling down at the time) which I did once in one over by Medicine Lake. I believe it was called the Jot Dean Cave. Luckily, I didn't break anything when I turned my ankle on a rock and landed on sharp spiky volcanic rocks in the cave.
However, when I put my head lamp zippered in my ski jacket parka I kept finding it turned on which is upsetting if you don't have 3 triple AAA batteries at the time if you need it for something. But, I watched the top youtube video called:
And the fellow seemed older and therefore very thorough and very happy to have such a bright 90 lumen headlamp for hiking at night .(sounds like a fisherman). So, soon I saw how to change batteries because I friend who was more familiar with the headlamp put them in last time for me. Also, I like the swivel it has to turn the lamp more downward if you need it closer to where your hands might be working on one thing or another in the dark like your car or tent or stringing up a hammock or something when making camp somewhere. Anyway, this headlamp came highly recommended by anyone who had owned one before or who still owned one today.
So, since it seemed to tend to turn itself on in a ski parka I wear for skiing and to the beach in winter when it's cold maybe I need to not leave it there or to take the batteries out when I'm not using it or something? Haven't decided yet.
- blackdiamondequipment.com/.../headlamps...The only reason I am replacing the Icon is I left it on full on a hot day in a hot ... Use the headlamp for work every shift, it has a great battery life and is very robustBlack Diamond Equipment
- blackdiamondequipment.com/.../headlamps-a...Explore and shop our full line of bright, efficient, lightweight headlamps and lanterns. ... Black Diamond Icon Headlamp provides an unparalleled 320-lumen output, .... switch adjusts the light for the situation and helps conserve batteries, while ...Black Diamond Equipment
- blackdiamondequipment.com/.../headlamps...Instructions ... Our revolutionary USB-rechargeable headlamp that also runs on standard AAA .... Great headlamp it took me 2 days to get it out of the packaging.Black Diamond Equipment
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO5ay2npYyoNov 16, 2012 - Uploaded by EasternSlopesComHow To Replace Headlamp Batteries In The Dark ... My Black Diamond Spot (
2014) lamp didn't come with ...
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdHrWxzSSTcFeb 20, 2011 - Uploaded by CalikuhLThis is a description of the Black Diamond Storm. ... Dropped by due to a problem changing the battery, but ...