If you want to change the world you start by changing yourself---
I found myself this week on my blue Sevylor inflatable kayak floating alongside a friend on his yellow kayak on Castle Lake. The temperature in Redding was about 105 degrees so that day the temerature at Castle Lake was in the 80s. The water was warm enough to swim in so I did that too. My friend fell asleep in his kayak in the shade of the cliffs which is why they call this Castle Lake. The sun was bright and I kept my face away from the sun since it was the afternoon looking up at the trees on the eastern side of the lake as I floated near one of the springs coming into the backside of the lake away from the campers and most swimmers. As I floated there I saw what looked to be an Eagle (a Bald Eagle). I told my friend about it because we each had done vision quests in 1983. So, an Eagle is a good sign for people who have traveled the medicine path like we have.
I asked my friend if he saw the Eagle and he said, "Are you sure it isn't a turkey vulture?" I said, "It doesn't have feather fingers at the tips of it's wings so it's an eagle. It slowly headed off towards Castle Crags.
Then I saw in the same area of the sky a Red Tailed Hawk. One of our teachers now passed away was called Red Hawk. I said to my friend, "Look. There's Red Hawk coming back to visit us!"
Then next, 8 wood ducks, a momma and her 7 young ducks came over the top of the water towards us eating bugs off the top of the lake and whatever they could find to eat.
It was a very good day in every way.
I experienced PEACE and realized I was at peace completely with all aspects of my life more than at any other point in my life. I felt very grateful to have survived to this point in life without angst.
I wasn't frustrated anymore like I used to be when I was young trying to right all the wrongs of this world. If that day had been my last I would have been okay with that completely.
Peace
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
Saturday, July 2, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment