Friday, March 9, 2018

I watched the first episode of "The Crown" on Netflix tonight

It's very well done and the actors do a great job of it in "The Crown". It reminded me a lot of how people were the two times (in 1999 and in 2011) when I went to England and Scotland. Watching this made me understand the present day culture a lot more because the 1950s was also a time I lived through too. For example, I was 5 years old when the Princess Elizabeth II was made queen at her coronation and I think I remember watching parts of it on TV. My Grandfather had bought a TV for the 1952 Presidential election of President Eisenhower who he supported because of Eisenhower being a famous General who won World War II in Europe.

So, I remember seeing for sure Life and Post and Look Magazine covers around then.


Searches related to post magazine cover of Coronation of Queen elizabeth II

No comments: